Grapes are not an easy crop to grow. Under adverse conditions and not too diligent care, she often gets sick, which can cause the loss of the entire crop. That is why grapes must be protected. And it is best to do it without using pesticides and other harmful substances.
Many summer residents have no idea how healthy grapes can be grown without chemical preventive treatments. However, not everyone understands what kind of danger such chemistry can carry:
- the use is very limited in time, for example, during the period of active fruit ripening, it is prohibited;
- chemicals can be harmful to human health and pets, they must be sprayed in special clothing;
- Pesticides can kill beneficial insects.
As you can see, there are quite a few disadvantages of such processing. But the means, which do not contain harmful substances, can be used at any time. They will not cause allergies, poor health. Processed fruits can be eaten without fear for their health. And at the same time, the scope of such funds has been studied very little, and rarely any summer resident will take risks. But it is still necessary to consider such compositions, at least in order to form your own opinion about them.
Among the harmless compounds that do not contain chemistry, the experimenters especially noted 4 options.
It has long been proven that vitamins have a positive effect on any organism, be it human, animal or plant. These affordable products are everywhere on sale, and thanks to their use, amazing results can be achieved in plants:
- increases immunity, resistance to diseases, temperature extremes, adverse weather conditions;
- grapes grow more powerful, its stems and roots become stronger, in addition, the culture begins to make less demands on the composition of the soil;
- the plant quickly gains a healthy green mass, forms buds;
- wintering also turns out to be simpler, the percentage of dead and frozen shoots is reduced to a minimum;
- berries become more useful, sweet, they increase the amount of vitamins and nutrients.
Vitamins of the described group are recommended to start using in early spring. They should be entered by the non-root method. The frequency of preventive treatments will be 14-21 days. If there is a suspicion of stress or illness, it is better to reduce the time to 7-14 days. Exacerbation of any ailments will require very frequent treatments – at least once a week.
This drug is also of great benefit to grapes. It plays a huge role in the development of good immunity. Plants that have been treated with the drug get sick much less often and recover faster. They rapidly produce chlorophyll.
Thanks to the composition of succinic acid, gardeners manage to grow strong plants that give a healthy and rich harvest. Moreover, the berries may well ripen ahead of time.
This type of acid is also responsible for good plant immunity.. If its content is low, the grapes begin to get sick more often, and its growth processes slow down. It often happens that a gardener grows several different varieties of the same species on a plot. One of the varieties may have weak immunity, not resist any disease. It is in these varieties that there will be a low percentage of salicylic acid.
While other varieties of the same species will have a high content of the element. Salicylic acid is also needed by grapes due to the fact that thanks to it, the successful laying of flower buds occurs.
This substance also plays an important role. Like salicylic acid, boric acid helps the formation of flower buds. She is also responsible for the amount of the crop. With a low percentage of rich fees, it will not work.
In addition, boric and salicylic acids interact with each other, increasing their quality characteristics. If the plant has enough boron, then salicylic acid will have a more effective effect on growth and the formation of immunity.
To bring only benefit to the vines, it is necessary to carefully dose the drugs, because the excess will be fatal. The easiest way is to calculate the dose for 5 liters of water. Succinic and salicylic acids are taken in the amount of 1 gram, boron – 10 grams. When processing, the formulations should not be mixed with vitamins, they must be applied separately, by alternating. The processing technique will be the same as in the case of vitamins.
So, the following scheme is considered quite popular:
- processing with a vitamin complex;
- about 4 hours of rest;
- acid treatment.
Thanks to such a simple top dressing, even a practically dead plant can be revived.
To prevent the development of various diseases, the gardener has to apply various preventive treatments. However, it is not always possible to limit yourself to them, especially if there is still little experience. The following recommendations will help further secure vineyards.
- Plant the right plants nearby. For example, marigolds and parsley will provide additional protection.
- From time to time, spray the grapes with infusions of dandelion, nettle, garlic, onion.
- Thin out the vine, remove fallen leaves. A fungus often lives in the decaying foliage.
Remember that flower stalks creeping along the ground run the risk of quickly becoming a haven for microorganisms. Use supports. Throw away bird-beaten berries and damaged leaves.